Listen To Your Heart This World Heart Day
It is World Heart Day and be it World Heart Day or any other normal day, we have become way conscious of what we eat and the lifestyle we follow. Staying fit is the idea of era and a balanced diet and yoga are part of life. Even when one is not so alert about it, all the product selling companies and even those selling water keep reminding to think about nutrition, health and fitness. However, when people are seen ordering the most balanced meal for even a dinner outside but follow the course with a puff of the cigarette they literally savor, that leaves an amazement what makes them think nothing about the severe effects that smoking causes.
Let us take you through a ride of facts that we managed to gather
Once you Quit Smoking
- Your heart rate is back to normal after only 20 minutes.
- In 12 hours CO2 blood level drops drastically and O2 Blood level rises.
- In 48 hours Your smell and taste begin to get better. (there are numerous tastes a smoker is deprived of)
- In 3 Months’ time, Your lungs start getting healthier.
- 9 Months time is good enough to gift you back your normal breathing without uneasy breathlessness.
- and after 1 year you can celebrate your birthday truly, as risk of a heart disease is now half of what it was 1 year back.
- Not just heart, Risk of Lung Cancer is also reduced to half of what it was this 1 year back.
Life of a smoker at a glance
On an average we see people living max 80 years of life and lucky are those who remain fit all through their life. Now imagine, by smoking you already reduced your life to 70 years. There is no age when you think you will get affected because the adverse effects including short of breath may start occurring even in adolescence.
(source WHO Facts)
Did you know?
…TOBACCO KILLS UPTO HALF OF ITS USERS
…OUT OF THE 6 MILLION PEOPLE DIE OF TOBACCO EACH YEAR, 5 MILLION ARE RESULT OF DIRECT EFFECT AND MORE THAN 600000 ARE OF NON SMOKERS DUE THE PASSIVE SMOKE
…80% OF THE WORLD’S 1 BILLION SMOKERS HAIL FROM LOW AND MIDDLE INCOME COUNTRIES
So it is quite evident that countries, where labour is easily available to indulge in such business and where people are mostly uneducated ( education does not mean degrees ) and prefer to stay in dark and unaware of the ill effects, this industry flourish and helps in reducing population.
What Causes One To Take It Up
As generally seen people make these excuses to smoke
Stress – Fact is that smoking actually aggravates anxiety and tension, leading you to another puff.
Money – This is in fact a by-factor of stress and people try to believe that they take good decisions while smoking. However smoking kills you ability to think and rationalize.
Swag – This is where adolescents are caught. But believe me you only look as cool as a dead body, away from all the senses to think.
An Interesting fact for all those entering the smoking swag, youngsters are very commonly opting out for hookah and shisha. Be known, that
1) Hookah smoke contains high levels of toxic compounds, including tar, carbon monoxide, heavy metals and cancer causing chemicals.
2) Cigarette contains tobacco and Shisha is tobacco. Water does not even filter the tobacco. It’s because of the flavors you get that make you do it even more.
There are a lot many ways and products that help you quit smoking. Crux is that, smoking cigarette / Bidi / Hookah / Shisha whatsoever the name be, it does no good to you at all, except playing with your emotions and health psychologically. Save your heart for the people you love and the ones who love you. Pledge not to smoke and spread message as much you can.
On a funny note, try this out 😉 Watch