Someone once said that everyone has a singer inside, it’s just that all are not tuned. Yes, everyone has a singer inside. True! and this line somewhat looks apt. Yet, few singers are born tuned with a majestic voice. We support art, music and creativity and in continuation to our previous article about few much heard singers but less on the fame with their name commonly, it feels overwhelmed to write about the latest buzz in music industry, Palak Muchhal with her latest song Kaun Tujhe on the list.
There is a lot about Palak that reveals the beautiful heart behind her beautiful voice.
1. Palak and her younger brother Palash Muchhal perform stage shows. But there is a cause behind, they raise funds to cure heart disease of the poor children who can’t afford it.
2. While she was just 7 years old, she spent a week singing at shops in her hometown, Indore, to raise funds for the families of deceased Indian soldiers, during Kargil.
3. During same time she was approached by teachers at Nidhi Vinay Mandir, an Indore-based school, with a request for a charity show to raise funds for their pupil, Lokesh, who was suffering from a congenital heart defect. Lokesh’s father was impoverished footwear shop-owner and was unable to afford the high cost of heart surgery. Muchhal and her parents agreed to arrange a show and in March 2000, she used a street vendor’s cart as a stage for the event and collected ₹51,000 towards the cost of surgery.
4. By June 2009 Muchhal had staged 1,460 charity shows across the world which had raised ₹1.71 crore for Palak Muchhal Heart Foundation. These funds helped to save lives of 338 children.
5. Doctors allow Muchhal to be present in the operating theatre. She has her own surgical gown in the hospital and when the operation takes place she chants from the Bhagavad Gita.
6. Muchhal and her parents do not receive any financial benefits from the charity shows but she receives a doll for every child whose life she helps make better through her efforts.
7. Muchhal has made her entry in both Guinness Book of World Records and Limca Book of World Records for great achievements in social work.
8. CBSE and Maharashtra board has included Palak’s achievement in text book of seventh standard moral science.
All this she is doing from the age of seven. A touching quote by her in 2007
At times… [I missed my normal childhood], but then, it dawns on me that even if I lose my childhood, it’s okay. Playing with friends is not more important than saving a life.
More about her
Palak by Palak
“I started singing when I was 2.5 years old at a family function. My family supported always for my singing and even doing charity with the entire amount I used to earn, despite being a Marwari. I sang for Sir Abdul Kalam and he was very fond of my singing. He suggested me not to drift from my charity after getting into glamour world of playback singing.”
No matter what has all been said about Himesh Reshamiya and his singing but for a lot of people he has remained Himesh ji, for his inspirational support, as with Palak Muchhal.
With the tweet from Salman Khan on your helping in treatment of 800 heart surgeries with your prayers and charity single handedly, you rule our hearts not just with your voice but your beautiful heart as well.
All respect to you.